Tomorrow (Feb. 25), Writer's Digest is hosting a free online event on how the Borders bankruptcy affects writers.
As you probably have heard by now, Borders filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy on February 16. Though the ramifications of this move have already been discussed in great detail, many questions still remain.
- What changes are happening at Borders and how will they impact writers?
- If you've never been published, how will this change affect your chances of getting into print?
- If you're already published, how will it affect sales of your current books?
- What questions should you be asking your publisher?
- What can writers do to help overcome these challenges?
This free 60-minute webinar will tell you everything you need to know about the new state of the industry and how it will affect your career. The presenters will also take questions.
- Jon Ackerman, sales director of Adams Media. Previously, he was the Vice President of Sales for Candlewick Press; National Accounts Director for Simon & Schuster; and National Accounts Manager for Random House, MBI, Klutz and DK Publishing.
- Phil Sexton, Publisher and Community Leader of Writer's Digest. Previously, he was Vice President of Sales for F+W Media and Sales Director for Adams Media.
The live event is limited to the first 1,000 who register, but any one
signing up after the first 1,000 will still receive a recording.