Our upcoming May/June issue is focused on curiosity. So, we would love to know about a time when your inspiration was sparked by your curiosity or you were led to an interesting place in your work by following your curiosity.
Our formal ask: Describe a time when curiosity fueled your writing.
As a writer, I'm always exploring my curiosity. Perusing through a yard sale could have me asking, "What if these pans were owned by a witch?" A late night out in the yard with my dog could have me asking, "When was the last time I really looked at the stars? How was I different from who I am now?" Each of these can bloom into a story that could end in a thousand different ways. How does your curiosity fuel your writing? Has it forced you to change a project in the middle? Has it led to any great discoveries or eureka moments?
Share your answers with us in the comments below for a chance to be published in the May/June issue of Writer's Digest.
Here are the guidelines:
- Provide an answer to the ask "Describe a time when curiosity fueled your writing” in the comments below.
- Answers can be funny, weird, poignant, thought-provoking, entertaining, etc.
- Remember to include your name as you would like it to appear in print.
- Deadline for commenting this time around is February 24, 2021.
- Only comments shared below will be considered for publication, though feel free to share your answers on social media with the following hashtags: #WDReaders and #WritingAchievement.
Note on commenting: If you wish to comment on the site, go to Disqus to create a free new account, verify your account on this site below (one-time thing), and then comment away.