Have you ever played the party game Catchphrase? Very basically, you are given a word or phrase—usually a person, place or thing—and you have to describe it without saying the word or phrase itself. Typically, hilarity and excitement ensues. Plus, it’s a nice way for writers and other introverted people (like myself) who may not otherwise be interested in interacting with other humans to socialize.
Anyway, this week’s prompt requires you to write around a concept much like you would in a game of Catchphrase, using a character’s response to it.
Writing Prompt: Describe one or more characters’ reactions to something (an item or an occurrence) without explaining what it is. See if your fellow prompt responders can guess what it is or what is happening.
Upcoming online workshops:
- Fearless Writing with William Kenower
- Read Like a Writer: Learn from the Masters with Mark Spencer
- Revision & Self-Editing with Terri Valentine
- Writing Online Content with Naveed Saleh
- Advanced Blogging with Naveed Saleh
- Fundamentals of Fiction with John DeChancie
- The Art of Storytelling 101 with Gloria Kempton