I am very excited to instruct at the 2012 Crested Butte Writers Conference. It's held in the beautiful town of Crested Butte, CO, from June 22–24, 2012. The event is described as "a small conference designed to be friendly and cozy with the caliber of a large conference."
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
Other writing/publishing articles and links for you:
- How To Pitch Agents at Writers Conferences.
- 10 Tips For Attending a Writers Conference, by Agent Michelle Brower.
- How to Have an Awesome Time at a Writers Conference.
- 9 Things I Learned From Reading Other Writers.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Author Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
This event is held from June 22–24, 2012—nestled in the West Elk Mountains of Colorado. It's an intimate event in a beautiful location.
WHO WILL BE THERE?
You can see all the instructors online. There are four literary agents in attendance taking pitches:
1. Hannah Bowman joined Liza Dawson Associates in 2011. She specializes in commercial fiction, especially science fiction and fantasy, women's fiction, cozy mysteries, romance, and young adult. Hannah is also interested in nonfiction, particularly in the areas of mathematics, science, and religion.
2. Lisa Gallagher is a literary agent at Sanford J. Greenburger Associates in New York. She is actively seeking new clients both in fiction and nonfiction, who are great storytellers, delivering both narrative urgency and dramatic tension, combined with multifaceted characters and a transporting sense of place.
3. Mary Kole (Andrea Brown Literary) is considering food books, food memoirs, cookbooks, adult literary fiction, and, for the children's market, young adult and middle grade fiction and truly exceptional picture books from authors, illustrators, and author/illustrators.She prefers upmarket premises with literary spark and commercial appeal. Her favorite genres are character-driven fantasy, paranormal, dystopian, thriller, horror, adventure, humor, contemporary/realistic, romance and mystery.
4. Ken Sherman is the President of Ken Sherman and Associates, a Los Angeles–based literary agency. An agent for more than twenty years, Ken represents screen, television and book writers, and also sells film and television rights to books as well as life rights.
OTHER CONFERENCE ELEMENTS
- Sandy Contest finalists share their experiences on a panel at the awards luncheon
- Genre-Specific Informal Get-Together
- Readings at Elevation Hotel lobby—"We gather one evening to kick off our shoes, sip a drink, while sitting back and enjoying short readings from our Sandy Finalists and local poets and talented writers."
- Pitch & Pages—unique efficient method of granting agent/ editor appointments
- Advanced Read and Critique Masters Add-on Class—Thursday afternoon critique opportunity with attending agents and editors as well as other class participants
- Plenty of free time to network and explore the area while making new writing friends
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.