The second annual Writer's Digest West Conference is approaching quickly! We at WD are planning a grand event in Los Angeles from Sept. 27–29, 2013, at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza. The conference is actually three events in one. We have a traditional awesome writers conference, a screenwriting conference, and a self-publishing conference going on at the same time. Read on to learn all details. There are ample opportunities to not only meet speakers and sit in on sessions, but also pitch lots of literary agents and film pros. (Also, early bird pricing ends July 19, so sign up early for a discounted price.)
It all happens from Sept. 27–29, 2013 at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza in Los Angeles, CA. The hotel is offering a discounted room rate for attendees, and there is a hotel shuttle from the airport.
3 EVENTS IN ONE
Please note that during Sept. 27–29, we are actually hosting three different conferences concurrently.
- There is the traditional awesome Writer's Digest Conference, featuring instruction on the craft and business of writing. This is where you pitch literary agents at the Pitch Slam.
- We are hosting our first-ever Self-Publishing Conference.
- If movie/TV scripts is your thing, check out Screenwriters World 2013.
AGENTS IN ATTENDANCE (FOR YOU TO PITCH!)
Our list of attending agents and editors for the Pitch Slam is always growing, but as of now we have the following: Faye Atchinson and Margret McBride (Margret McBride Literary); Annie Bomke (Annie Bomke Literary); Paddy Calistro (Angel City Press); Amy Osmond Cook (Sourced Media Books); Susan Finesman (Fine Literary); Roz Foster (Sandra Dijkstra Literary Agency); Charlotte Gusay (Charlotte Gusay Literary); Steven Hutson (WordWise Media Services); Paul S. Levine (Paul S. Levine Literary); Taylor Martindale (Full Circle Literary); Paula Munier (Talcott Notch Literary); Dana Newman (Dana Newman Literary); Angela Rinaldi (Angela Rinaldi Literary Agency); Ken Sherman (Ken Sherman & Associates); Babette Sparr (Sparr Agency); and Gordon Warnock (Foreword Literary).
WHO ELSE WILL BE THERE?
You can see all our event speakers here, but just to give you a few names, here are some of the presenters: James Scott Bell, author of many books and novels, including the writing guide PLOT & STRUCTURE; Larry Brooks, USA Today best-selling author, and writer of the guide STORY ENGINEERING; Jon Fine, Director of Author & Publisher Relationships for Amazon.com; Jacquelyn Mitchard, author of The Deep End of the Ocean, and editor of the young adult imprint Merit Press.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)