Some news from my writing life: First off, I will be signing books at Cincinnati's huge book festival, Books by the Banks, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 12, 2013, at the Duke Energy Convention Center in downtown Cincinnati. Come by and say hello! But there are way more reasons to pop by the festival than to see me. Here are a few other people in attendance (and you can find the whole list on the BBTB website):
- Maria Semple, author of bestselling WHERE'D YOU GO, BERNADETTE?
- Stuart Woods, bestselling mystery writer
- R.J. Palacio, author of WONDER
- Fellow WD staffer Brian A. Klems, author of the humorous parenting book OH BOY, YOU'RE HAVING A GIRL
Secondly, it was very cool to see that my first humor book (2010), HOW TO SURVIVE A GARDEN GNOME ATTACK, was featured by Mental Floss, an awesome magazine I have peeked through for years. You can see the article here, but essentially it was a list of how-to books you won't believe actually exist. Ha. Well, I'll take it. Any press is good press.
If you're interested in other stories about my books and my writing life (that shed light on the publishing process and how a book gets optioned for film like GNOME did), then see my Writing Life articles here!
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Agent Marie Lamba Seeks YA, MG, Women's & Adult Fiction.
- How to Get a Scene From Your Head to Paper.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- 5 Ways to Get Rid of Writer's Block.
- Blogs vs. Journals: Are They Becoming The Same Thing?
- The story of how young adult sci-fi writer Christian Schoon met his agent.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.