I just returned from teaching at the 2012 Chicago Writers Conference. This was the event's first year, and I have to say the conference was excellent. I had the privilege of giving two speeches and meeting with several writers one on one. There were keynote speeches, nights of open readings, and more. Chicago definitely has it going on in terms of a large and supportive writing community. As far as writers conferences go, I would definitely recommend this event. A special thanks to coordinator Mare Swallow for inviting me, and for her husband, Kevin, for providing most of the images you see below. Many more images exist on the event's Flickr page.
(Check out this page if you're looking for a list of writers conferences.)
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
I got to do some query letter editing for attendees. It was nice to sit down and talk with people.
Other writing/publishing articles and links for you:
- What Are the BEST Writers Conferences to Attend?
- How to Get the Most Out of a Writers Conference.
- How to Make a Positive Impression at a Writers Conference.
- Using Writers Conferences to Your Querying Advantage.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.