This update is long overdue, but I wanted to share some images and notes from teaching at a writing retreat and conference in Europe called the Homeric Writers Workshop & Retreat in August 2012. The event was based on the island of Ithaca, Greece, and featured workshops for writers and novelists wanting to get published.
Getting asked to teach was an amazing opportunity, and I enjoyed the entire trip—even the long flights and lost luggage. Below see some of my favorite photos from the voyage with some captions about it. If you're interested in finding a picturesque place in Europe to enjoy a writers retreat, I highly urge you check out the writing conference homepage. Although 2012 was the first year for the event, it's being developed into an annual writers retreat—probably during summer 2013.
(See a large list of writers conferences.)
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
Each attendee got personalized attention and edits. There were manuscript critiques, as well as query letter editing for all.
Other writing/publishing articles and links for you:
- How To Pitch Agents at Writers Conferences.
- 10 Tips For Attending a Writers Conference, by Agent Michelle Brower.
- How to Have an Awesome Time at a Writers Conference.
- 9 Things I Learned From Reading Other Writers.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Author Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.