I just got back from the San Francisco Writing for Change Conference and took the red-eye home, getting little sleep. Must. Pass. Out. The conference was very cool and quite unique. It featured a lot of writers who had promising nonfiction books that can alter people's lives for the better. The conference isn't put on every year, but if this type of writing is up your alley, check it out in the future.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
Above: The view from my hotel in the
heart of San Francisco's Chinatown.
Above: Lunch at the event with some
writers and industry peeps.
Above: Me outside City Lights Bookstore,
a famous location for San Fran book lovers.
I asked if they carried my book and the
clerk said "Of course! Wait ... you did say
'How to Survive a Robot Attack,' right?
Above: I found my books in an Urban Outfitters, and
two Borders within walking distance. Very cool!