I just got back from the annual PennWriters Conference, which was held this year outside of Pittsburgh. Great event with wonderful people. And being born and raised in PA myself (mostly in Erie), it was nice to be back in my home state.
(Check out this page if you're looking for a list of writers conferences.)
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
NOTE: If you're seeing this page after the completion of the 2011 event, please note that I will again be teaching at this event in May 2013 outside of Pittsburgh. (Link below.) Join me!
I did a panel on small book publishers, a session on writing for magazines, met with a lot of writers, and did a formal book signing. All in all, it was a lot of fun. If you live in PA, seriously consider joining your area's PennWriters group and attending this conference in 2012. Lots of literary agencies are represented each year, and there are even editing services for attendees.
Below find a picture of the skyline that I took while riding the Duquesne Incline, which is this big train cart that essentially slides up a mountain so you can see the entire city. It was kind of scary to be on that rickety thing, but the view was quite something.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.