I just got back from instructing in Oklahoma City at the Oklahoma Writers' Federation Conference. And wow, what a great, nice group of people. Everyone there was just wonderful. As a bonus, it was held at the Embassy Suites, which, ahem, may or may not have free alcoholic drinks between 5:30 and 7:30 p.m. (That was an unexpected bonus.) I got to see some literary agents who were there, including Louise Fury and Emmanuelle Morgen. Below see some photos and notes from the event.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
There were sessions, panels, editing services for writers, lots of chances to pitch agents, and great dinners. This conference really seems to give attendees a lot for their money.
I taught twice—once on getting an agent in person and once on making money writing for magazines. Both speeches seemed to go over quite well.
Other writing/publishing articles and links for you:
- How To Pitch Agents at Writers Conferences.
- 10 Tips For Attending a Writers Conference, by Agent Michelle Brower.
- How to Have an Awesome Time at a Writers Conference.
- 9 Things I Learned From Reading Other Writers.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Author Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.