Got back recently from the 2009 South Carolina Writers' Workshop, a big ol' conference down in Myrtle Beach. One of the first things I did when I got there was run on the beach. So. Awesome. Being from Ohio, I never take beach time for granted.
The conference went well, and lived up to its claim to fame by bringing in about a bazillion agents and editors. Well, maybe not a bazillion—but 11 agents, I believe, and about six editors.
As you can see below, I already blogged agent Elaine Spencer's session on queries and her personal preferences. At least two more guest posts will be coming on sessions by agents Janet Reid and Scott Eagan. If you attended the conference and took notes on a session, and want to compose a guest post, write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll talk.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)