I just got back from teaching at the 2010 Vegas Valley Book Festival in Las Vegas. The festival was very nice, and it combined events/signings aimed at adults with a ton of fun stuff for kids. I believe the festival is happening again in 2011, so if you live the Vegas area, make sure to check it out. A special thanks should be given to Jo Wilkins, Audrey, and the entire Henderson Writers Guild, a Vegas-based writers group that puts on the Las Vegas Writers Conference. The group chauffeured me around and attended my session on "How to Land an Agent." Thanks, ladies.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
I got no pictures of myself teaching (or playing
piano for attendees)—shucks. But here is a quick
glance at the Children's Book Festival portion
of the event.
Above: Me finding my book at Urban Outfitters
on the Vegas Strip. Very cool! They had about
30 of the book. That's the most copies I've
seen at any one location anywhere. I happily
told the cashier this was my book. To say she was
most unimpressed is an understatement.
Above: Two photos I snapped
of Vegas at night.