I'm in Colorado wrapping up the 2008 Northern Colorado Writers' Conference and, let me just say, it has been an excellent conference from start to finish. Kudos to organizer Kerrie Flanagan for doing such a great job.
So what was Fort Collins like? Look at the picture below and see for yourself. It was a very awesome town at the foot of the Rocky Mountains. It's also a college town somewhat (CSU is there) and is big into the "Green" movement and living clean.
How about this view?
I need a home in Fort Collins.
I presented on query letters and gave the keynote speech after dinner the first night. Of note was my speech on query letters titled "How to Snag an Agent" that was misspelled "How to SHAG an agent."
That's me (Chuck Sambuchino)
during the keynote speech:
"What Editors Want."
On Saturday night, some of us headed out to downtown Fort Collins and tasted the famed local brews. I proceeded to talk mega trash regarding a highly anticipated game of pool, and then sucked big time during the game. Agent Jessica Regel is doing her best to not let me live this down.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)