Last year, at BEA in Manhattan, I had the wonderful experience of coming across famed agent and blogger Miss Snark during the expo. I wrote a post about it. For those who don't know, Miss Snark's original blog was a work of genius and gave infinite great advice. Her real identity is a secret.
Anyway, I ran into Miss Snark on the floor of the book trade show again this year (see picture of the floor in the post below) and we had some laughs. But it wouldn't be a true Snark conversation without a great quote from the agent master herself—and I got one. When we were on the floor walking around, we came within view of one of her clients (or perhaps it was a potential client? Not important ... ) The client was a very attractive woman.
"Wow," I said. "She's hot."
"Yeah, Chuck," Miss Snark said. "That's what we like to call platform."
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)