I will be presenting at a pair of cool events in the Indianapolis area this fall (2010), so if you're close by, come and see me! I'll be teaching writers on the craft and business of writing at both events.
SEPT. 18, 2010:
GREENFIELD LIBRARY (HANCOCK COUNTY)
There is an Author Appreciation Fair at the Greenfield branch of the Hancock County Library in suburban Indianapolis (east side of town, I think). I'll be speaking from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. on "How to Get Your Work Published." Essentially, I will be giving writing tips and taking questions from the audience, so come and ask me what's on your mind.
Also present will be authors Diana Catt (mystery), Phil Dunlap (western), James Heffren (Jr. High at Age Seventy-Five), Carolyn Huston-Ellenberger (American foods and culture), Bill Murphy (Rose Bowl), Tony Perona (Nick Bertetto mystery series), Robert Reed (collectibles), Rita Rose (Sandy Allen), Chris Sickels (edgy picture books for teens and adults), and Julie Young (local history).
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
NOV. 17, 2010:
ANN KATZ FESTIVAL OF BOOKS (INDIANAPOLIS)
This Indianapolis-based festival of books is actually widespread and includes a lot for writers. The festival runs from Nov. 2–17 and has something different every day, I believe. Check out the festival's website to see the variety of authors and daily events.
I will be there on the final day as one of the closing speakers. I will be a speaker on Wednesday, Nov. 17, 2010, and will be speaking on "How to Get Your Work Published" at 6:30 p.m. Before and after my speech (from 5:30 to 8:30, loosely), there will be an author mingling event where people can ask me Q&A and just hang out.
The whole festival is put on by the JCC of Indianapolis and all events are at the main center on Hoover Road.