In late July, I will be returning as a presenter to the Clarksville Writers Conference. Last time I presented, everyone had a great time at the conference, so learn some details about this upcoming event.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
The conference runs from July 28–31, 2010, but keep in mind that only two days (the latter two) are the writers conference itself. The first two days are an amazing yet optional Architectural Heritage Tour.This fun and affordable conference is presented at Austin Peay State University and the Clarksville Country Club.
I will be there presenting on "How to Get a Literary Agent" and "Writing the Nonfiction Book Proposal." As usual, I will be available when I am there (Friday and Saturday) to answer any questions from writers who feel brave enough to just approach me and start chatting.
WHO WILL BE THERE?
For starters, literary agent Gordon Warnock of Andrea Hurst & Associates will be taking pitches from writers. This could be a great chance to pitch to an agent in person!
Also, the keynote speaker is Alice Randall, Vanderbilt University Writer-In-Residence, award-winning songwriter and author of Rebel Yell and The Wind Done Gone.
There are about a dozen other speakers: poets, novelists, short story writers, including:
- Darnell Arnoult, author of the Southern novel Sufficient Grace and the poetry collection What Travels With Us
- Blas Falconer, poet, creative writing teacher and author of The Perfect Hour and A Question of Gravity and Light
- Beth Ann Fennelly, award-winning poet, nonfiction writer and author of Unmentionables, Tender Hooks and Open House