If you live anywhere near Cincinnati or Northern Kentucky, come out to meet me for my speech on "Everything You Need to Know About Agents," as well as "Query Letters." It all goes down at 7 p.m., Tuesday, April 5, 2011, at the Florence Branch of the Boone County Library, located at 7425 US 42, Florence, KY. The speech lasts an hour and a half, and Q&A is welcome and encouraged. You can formally register here.
Website description: "Get a thorough crash course in finding a literary agent from Chuck Sambuchino, editor of Guide to Literary Agents and author of How to Survive a Garden Gnome Attack. After quickly going over what an agent is and what agents do for writers, learn resources for finding agents, how to ID the best agents for you, as well as the most important things to do and not to do when dealing with representatives. Q&A with the speaker encouraged, so bring your questions."
I am not sure if the event is free or not, but I have to assume it is. Register here. Sign-ups are required and it seems like the maximum number of spots remaining is 25 as of right now. You can register by phone at (859)342-2665.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)