If you live anywhere near Dayton, OH, or you have a passion for humor writing, come to the Erma Bombeck Writers Workshop, April 15–17, 2010. The conference specializes in humor writing and human interest writing.
April 15–17, 2010, at the University of Dayton.See the event website here. The registration fee is $375, with some scholarships available for University of Dayton students. The 2008 workshop sold out, as did the 2006 event, do register quickly!Workshop sessions take place on campus, with dinners held at the Dayton Marriott Hotel, 1414 S. Patterson Blvd. The contact is Matt Dewald, director, at (937)229-1404.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
WHO WILL BE THERE?
I will be there all day Friday doing a variety of presentations on agents and publishing, and also meeting with writers whenever I can. Keynote speakers include:
- New York Times columnist Gail Collins
- "Fox & Friends" co-anchor and author Steve Doocy
- 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter author W. Bruce Cameron
- "Late Show With David Letterman" Emmy-nominated writer Bill Scheft.
- Christian Lander, author of Stuff White People Like: The Definitive Guide to the Unique Taste
- Donna Gephart, author of As If Being 12 ¾ Isn’t Bad Enough, My Mother Is Running for President!, winner of the Sid Fleischman Humor Award for the best humorous children's book of the year
OTHER COOL TIDBITS
Matthew Dewald, director of the workshop, says: "Our presenters come from a lot of fields: traditional column-writing, television, blogging, podcasting, twittering, photography, memoirs, fiction and stand-up. Some favorite faculty from past years are coming back, and we have plenty of new, very funny and accomplished folks to keep the conversations fresh."