The Christmas mad rush is over and the dust is settling. My book did very well over the holidays and I still see tweets and Amazon reviews from people who got it as gifts. Very exciting to see, and if any of you picked it up for the holidays, I am eternally thankful. Right now, the next big thing to come along in the book's journey will be 1) seeing how the release of the feature film Gnomeo & Juliet (Feb. 11) affects sales, if at all, and 2) when can my awesome film reps at Gotham Group in LA sell film rights?
Coverage & Interviews:
- It's after Christmas now, but The Casual Gardener website included How to Survive a Garden Gnome Attack on her list of "Top 5 Christmas Gifts Under $40."
- On the same note, writer and platform guru Christina Katz listed Gnomes as one of her top gift book choices in 2010. (Christina is the author of Writer Mama and Get Known Before the Book Deal.)
- The "My Life as Jenny" website did a nice post on the book.
- Got a nice mention by the Boise Public Library site. (I love libraries!)
- Over the past few months, the book got mentions in places like the Chicago Sun-Times, the Denver Post, and many more papers. However, the big coup was getting a small feature in Reader's Digest about the book. If you missed it, see it here.
If you haven't nabbed a copy of GNOMES
yet, grab one on Amazon!
Media requests & interviews: If you would like a review copy of Gnomes
for an interview or roundup or any kind of mention, please contact me
at literaryagent(at)fwmedia.com(dot)com and I will send your information
to my publicist. Thanks!
More Gnome news: To see all the news & reviews & coverage of my book, click on "My Writing Life" at the end of this post.