GNOMES will be sold in Macy's, Lowes and Urban Outfitters! I just got this news yesterday and was very excited. Getting into any specialty markets is cause for celebration and stores like these are great to have your book available in.
Someone sent me this pic of the book
in a Beverly Hills bookstore.
Interviews & Coverage: My Gnomes-related guest post for The Huffington Post has yet to surface, but I will keep you posted.
- Ken Druse, who runs the popular gardening podcast, "Real Dirt," interviewed me for his program.You can hear the interview and see his feature on the book here.
- I posted a guest column on Susan Henderson's LitPark Blog, addressing the question: "When Can You Call Yourself a Writer?"
- The gardening website Dave's Garden was kind enough tofeature my book this week.
- Writer Ricki Schultz, founder of the Shenandoah Valley Writers, featured my book here. I am giving away a free critique (query or 5 pages of work) to best gnome pun on her comments section of the interview post.
- Writer Annette Lyon interviewed me on her Writing on the Wall Blog here.
- Two cool writers down in the Louisiana Bayou area did cool things on the book this week. Jan Rider Newman posted an interview with meon her Beyond Acadia blog. And Jess Ferguson did a write up of the book here.
- The gardening site Lavalilly did a nice feature on the book.
(If you are interested in doing an interview or feature, let me know! Write me at email@example.com)
If you haven't nabbed a copy of GNOMES
yet, grab one on Amazon!
60-minute recording of Jane Friedman and I: After my book release part for Gnomes at Joseph Beth in Cincinnati, I was joined by Jane Friedman for a long, open Q&A with writers in attendance. One writer there recorded the entire thing, and posted a podcast online for all to enjoy. Look below to see a picture of Jane & I addressing the crowd in Cincinnati.
Gnomevicious Tweets!! WELL WELL WELL, it
appears my ultra-nemesis, the evil garden warrior known only as
Gnomevicious, is tweeting now as of yesterday. I would suggest everyone
follow him on Twitter just to keep track of his evil whereabouts. Follow him here: @gnomevicious.