I was curious as to how Black Friday and holiday shopping affects one's sales and I definitely saw a little spike (according to Nielsen BookScan) and that was nice. On this note, please forgive my little bit of self-promotion here and know that the book makes an excellent holiday gift purchase for a friend or loved one, especially those into gardening.
After the holiday season comes and goes, and then we see how the release of the animated film Gnomeo & Juliet (Feb. 2011) affects sales, it will be interesting to see if success comes in little waves. I will do a full analysis of the first 6 months when the time comes. This week celebrates the three-month anniversary of the release of Gnomes.
If you haven't nabbed a copy of GNOMES
yet, grab one on Amazon!
Coverage & Interviews:
- As of tomorrow, Dec. 6, you should be able to find a new interview with me on The Ramblings from the Left blog. There is also a free giveaway of my book going on with it. Pop on over to see it!
- The Dec. 5 issue of the Chicago Sun-Times included Gnomes on their list of "Good Reads."
- I made the Red Dirt Rambling blog's list of cool holiday gift ideas. (Thanks!)
- The Dead End Follies site did a roundup of books they've read in 2010 and named Gnomes "Most surprising" and "Most hilarious." Very kind.
- I was pleasantly surprised to see several puppies looking at my book on the Those Elgin Pups website.
- The Artist magazine did a quick note about the Holden Arboretum in Ohio looking for designers of giant gnomes, and mentioned my book, as well. See the note below.