Last fall I received a wonderful phone call from The Holden Arboretum in Kirtland, OH (not far from Cleveland). They said they knew about my humor book (HOW TO SURVIVE A GARDEN GNOME ATTACK) and asked me to be a part of the kickoff event of their 2011 summer-themed "Gnome and Garden" exhibit. I said, "Sounds like a blast." Keep reading below for details.
The exhibit runs all summer, but the kickoff event is from noon to 4 p.m., Sunday, June 19, 2011.
"Twenty larger than life Gnomes are headed for the arboretum, hoping to find homes in the beautiful gardens and woodlands. Gnome and Garden is a public art project designed to promote awareness of The Holden Arboretum while providing local artists with an opportunity to showcase their talents and abilities. Walk the garden trail and discover the 20 gnomes in their garden settings. You'll have a chance to vote for your favorite gnome and meet a few of the artists."
There will be 20 huge gnomes (five feet high) designed by artists. I will be there talking about my book, and also having at least one if not a few pro-gnome vs. anti-gnome debates. As a sane individual, I will be arguing for the anti-gnome side. The arboretum is in Kirtland, OH, not far from Cleveland.
"There will be plenty of fun planned, including children's crafts, a performance by Musical Mark, a visit from the Gnature Gnome and a gnome parade."
This should be a fun event for people of all ages. Learn more here!
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)