In two months, I'll be off to Reno, NV, to present at the 2009 Reno Writers Conference at Truckee Meadows Community College. I first heard good things about this conference from agent Andrea Hurst, who runs her own agency in nearby Sacramento.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
A little about the conference:
The whole shebang goes down from 8 a.m. to 5:15 p.m., Saturday, March 14, 2009, at TMCC's Dandini Campus. If you're coming from out of town, a good place to stay in proximity to the event is the John Ascuaga Nugget Casino Resort.
At least two literary agents will be in attendance: Verna Dreisbach of Dreisbach Literary, and Amberly Finarelli of Andrea Hurst's agency. In addition, there will be authors, editors (like me), book designers and more to give talks. The agents will be taking pitches, and my first speech of the day will take writers through how to sit down and pitch agents face to face.
The conference seems pretty intimate, and I mean that in a good way. It's short and sweet—one day packed with stuff. Attendees get the chance to meet with me or agents if they wish. Plenty of topics—including fiction work, freelancing, self-publishing and self-editing—are addressed. We'll all be sitting at lunch together, chatting, probably eating something scrumptious.
To learn more, or sign up, or check prices, visit the TMCC Web page.