Next week, I’m teaching an online class on how to start a successful e-mail newsletter. This is a topic I’ve covered here at No Rules before, but this class will allow me to show you in-depth how to get started, discuss strategies, and go behind the scenes with free services so you see how they work.
For some of my previous advice on this blog:
Some of the best advice elsewhere:
- E-mail Marketing 101 (Copyblogger)
- 5 Reasons Why No One Is Reading Your E-mail Newsletter (Copyblogger)
- The 3 Key Elements of Irresistible E-mail Subject Lines (Copyblogger)
Here’s what you’ll learn in my session. The best part is that there’s opportunity for Q&A, and any questions not answered during the session get answered afterward via e-mail.
- How and why to start building an e-mail list today even if you think you have nothing to say
- How to start sending an e-mail newsletter for free, at no cost to you
- What the major e-mail contact services are, and how to start using them
- 3 different types of content strategies for your e-mail newsletter
- Biggest do’s and don’ts for newsletters that get opened, read and shared
- What kind of frequency you ought to maintain
- What is perceived as “spammy” or annoying—and how to avoid any practices that would categorize your e-mails as spam
- How to gauge the success of your newsletters; how to test and improve them over time