Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Beth Fleisher of Barry Goldblatt Literary) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
Barry Goldblatt Literary is based in Brooklyn. 320 7th Ave., #266, Brooklyn, NY 11215.
About Beth: She is a former editor, working for The Berkeley Publishing Group. Her passions are science fiction, fantasy and graphic novels, though she handles all kinds of kids stuff.
Fiction areas of interest: She welcomes kids work and graphic novels. She is particularly interest in finding new voices in middle grade and young adult fantasy, science fiction, mystery, historicals and action adventure.
Nonfiction areas of interest: “select children’s and adult nonfiction.”
How to submit: Send an e-query to email@example.com. Include the word “query” in the e-mail subject line. This agency accepts simultaneous submissions, but exclusive ones (designated with the word “exclusive” also in the e-mail subject line) will likely get priority. In the e-mail body, paste your query, your synopsis, and the first five pages of your book. No attachments please. Responds in four weeks to queries and eight weeks to manuscripts.
Also: The agency has a blog. See it here.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- The Differences Between Young Adult and Middle Grade Fiction.
- “How I Got My Agent,” by Middle Grade Author Allan Woodrow.
- A Young Adult Query That Worked — See It Here.
- 6 Tips on Writing Picture Books (That Just May Warm Your Heart).
- Literary Agent Interview: Quinlan Lee of Adams Literary.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Author Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.