(Quick note: My earlier sample messed up the rhyme scheme of the rondel, though the instructions have always been correct. Please make sure your rondels follow this rhyme scheme: ABba/abAB/abbaA. Happy poeming!)
Happy New Year!
Let’s get 2013 off to a great start with a new WD Poetic Form Challenge. For this challenge, we’re going to write therondel–a fun French poetic form. Click this link to review how to write a rondel.
For poets new to the WD Poetic Form Challenge, here’s how it works:
- Post as many rondels as you wish in the comments until the deadline (below).
- Once the deadline has passed, I’ll go through all the rondels and pick a winner (and usually a Top 10 list).
- The winning rondel is published in a future issue of Writer’s Digest magazine.
- Please remember to include your name as you wish it to appear in the magazine with your rondel(s).
- Deadline is January 10, 2013.
Any questions can be sent to me at email@example.com, but I will only review rondels included in the comments below.
Follow me on Twitter @robertleebrewer
Land a Book Deal in 2013!