About the Book
Becoming a published children’s writer is an achievable dream—now more than ever! Publishers in this fast-growing market are hungry for articles, books and stories. The Children’s Writer’s Word Book will help you position and present your work most favorably. It’s an easy-to-use reference, not meant to replace books on “how to write,” but rather to be used along with your dictionary and thesaurus.
Here’s what you’ll find:
- Lists of specific words introduced at each of seven reading levels (K-6)
- A thesaurus of those words with synonyms, annotated with reading levels
- Advice and tips on those practices particular to word usage in children’s writing
- Samples of writing for each reading level
Here’s what it does for you:
- Helps you get into the minds of children at various ages
- Offers idea generators for other stories
- Keeps you in touch with reading levels for today’s kids
- Gives you guidelines for sentence length, word usage and theme at each reading level
- Most important, it saves you time by putting all this information in on handy volume.