In her comprehensive article “8 Ways to Make Money From Your Website” in the November/December 2016 Writer’s Digest, digital media consultant Jane Friedman offers up eight detailed strategies, with advice for each: 1) Reader support, 2) Affiliate marketing, 3) Advertising and sponsorships, 4) Native advertising, 5) Digital product sales, 6) Consulting or coaching, 7) Online courses, 8) Digital subscriptions.
In this bonus sidebar we didn’t have space to print, she offers up concrete examples of authors succeeding by putting the various revenue models into action.
- Kristine Rusch kristinekathrynrusch.com
- The Book Designer thebookdesigner.com
online courses, digital product sales, consulting
- ProBlogger problogger.net
digital product sales
- Writer Unboxed writerunboxed.com
- Farnam Street farnamstreetblog.com
- Brain Pickings brainpickings.org
donations and affiliate marketing
- The Creative Penn podcast patreon.com/thecreativepenn
- Jeff Goins goinswriter.com/resources
- Amy Lynn Andrews amylynnandrews.com
affiliate marketing, digital product sales,
- James Altucher jamesaltucher.com
digital subscriptions, digital product sales
To read the full tutorial about how to make the most of these strategies, download the November/December 2016 Writer’s Digest now or find it at your favorite library or newsstand.