There is no substitute for plowing through writing a full-length first draft. And you can do it in less time than you think. Most people type 1,500 words an hour, so that’s only 50 hours to a 75,000 word book.
In this live 90-minute webinar — titled “Unleash Your Story: 30 Days to a Finished First Draft” — author Ivory Madison will set you up for success with a concrete plan of when you will write and what to do when you get stuck, busy, or resistant. No matter what stage you’re at, whether you haven’t written a single word, have an outline and a few scenes but have stalled out, or are almost done with a first draft but feel blocked about finishing, Plus, as a bonus, each registrant gets a free exclusive workbook designed to help you on your writing path! It all happens at 1 p.m., EST, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, and lasts 90 minutes.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Exactly how to structure your days, for 30 days, to have a full-length first draft finished by the end of the month
- How to find your authentic voice and let it shine through (as Julia Cameron says, making writing “more like eavesdropping and less like inventing a nuclear bomb”)
- Why writing, editing, and marketing are separate activities and how to get better results in all three stage of your project
- A unique approach to doing any necessary research
- How to handle your inner critic, fear of embarrassment, and fear of not following through
- How to break through all common types of writer’s block and obstacles to finishing
- Answers to your specific questions about your individual project
ABOUT THE FREE WORKBOOK
All registrants of this special new webinar will receive a special, exclusive workbook, in ebook format, Unleash Your Story: 30 Days To a Finished First Draft, for guidance and support while they write their book. Instructions on how to obtain your workbook are sent to you after you have purchased the webinar and officially register in Go-to-Webinar.
Please Note: Even if you can’t attend the live webinar, registering for this live version will enable you to receive the On Demand webinar and the free ebook. Purchasing the On Demand version after the live event will not include the free ebook.
Ivory Madison is the CEO and Publisher of Astor & Lenox. Previously, Madison founded and served as Editor in Chief of Red Room, a global social media and book sales platform for thousands of successful, traditionally published and self-published authors, including Amy Tan, Salman Rushdie, James Patterson, and Terry McMillan. A decade earlier, while in law school, Madison founded the Red Room Writers Society, a writing program in San Francisco, where she personally helped hundreds of procrastinators finish their books, and was named “Best Writing Coach” by San Francisco magazine. She is noted as an expert on writing, editing, the future of publishing, social media and entrepreneurship for authors. Madison has delivered keynote addresses at writer’s conferences including USC and Stanford University, and is on the leadership team of the Bay Area Book Festival. Madison is also an author and has been published by Oxford University Press, Harvard Business Review, and DC Comics.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Anyone with an idea for a novel, memoir, fiction or nonfiction book
- Anyone determined to write a book this year
- Aspiring and professional writers who struggle with procrastination
- Writers who aren’t sure what to do next with their book idea
- Writers with an unfinished draft of a story they want to finish
- Writers who have trouble squeezing writing into their busy schedule
HOW DOES THE WEBINAR WORK?
The webinar is broadcasted via the internet with live audio delivered through your computer speakers or over your telephone. The live webinar’s visual presentation is displayed directly from the Presenter’s computer to your computer screen. The Q&A is managed through a chat-style submission system with questions being read and answered by the Presenter for the entire class to hear. In the event some questions are not answered during the live session, an e-mail with questions and answers will be sent to all webinar attendees. By attending the live webinar and/or asking questions, your full name may be stated during the live event and captured in the recording.