We posted more than 1,300 articles to WritersDigest.com this year and, quite frankly, that’s a lot. It’s hard to sift through all of that, so I’ve gathered the 18 most popular articles to share with you—a mix of fiction, nonfiction, writer’s rights, agenting, publishing and a bit of humor. Bookmark these links and reference them as much as you need. There’s something for everyone here, so read on. Your manuscript and writing career will thank you.
Without further ado, the 18 Most Popular Article on Writing of 2011:
- The 7 Deadly Sins of Writing
- 8 Ways to Write a 5-Star Chapter One
- How to Craft Compelling Characters
- 3 Secrets to Great Storytelling
- How to End Your Chapters (the Right Way)
- The 7 Tools of Dialogue
- A 12-Day Plan of Simple Writing Exercises
- What Writers Need to Know About Copyrights (FAQs)
- The 90 Top Secrets of Bestselling Authors
- 10 Ways to Launch Strong Scenes
- Are You a Word Nerd? Take This Quiz.
- The 4 Pet Peeves of Freelancers (and How to Tackle Them)
- How to Be a Successful Ghostwriter
- How These Writers Got Their Agents–And What You Can Learn From Them
- The 5 Essential Story Ingredients
- 25 Ways to Improve Your Writing in 30 Minutes a Day
- Read These Successful Query Letters
- How to Revise Your Work (& Awesome Editing Symbols You Should Know)
There’s no doubt that our staff worked tirelessly in 2011 to bring you advice, tips, interviews and inspiration to help you reach your writing goals. But I promise you, we plan to work even harder in 2012. It’s just what we do.
I hope 2011 treated you well, but I’m confident 2012 is going to be even better.
From the bottom of my heart,