Rejections are not fun. They can be very costly in time, money, and can weaken a writer’s confidence. Authors are competing in a very subjective industry, and they cannot afford to waste their opportunity to make a good impression.
In this live 90-minute webinar — titled “Submission Tools that Get an Agent Response: Query Letters, Synopses & First Pages” — instructor and literary agent Marisa Corvisiero will brief authors on how to submit their work and show them how to carefully prepare the best submission package that will get the attention of reviewing agents and editors. Plus, as a bonus, Marisa will critique your query letter. It all happens at 1 p.m., EST, Thursday, April 30, 2015, and lasts 90 minutes.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- The essentials on how to submit your work to the right agent or editor
- How to draft a great query letter and synopsis
- What agents look for in the first few pages
- About common and not so common mistakes authors make when preparing and sending their submission package
- How to avoid unnecessary mistakes that will lead to rejection
- To gain a better understanding on how the process works, what agents and editors are looking for, and how to hook them without fumbling the opportunity to get their attention effectively
ABOUT THE CRITIQUE
All registrants are invited to submit a query letter. All submitted queries will receive a written critique by Marisa Corvisiero. Marisa reserves the right to request more writing from attendees by e-mail following the event, if she deems the writing excellent.
Please Note: Even if you can’t attend the live webinar, registering for this live version will enable you to receive the On Demand webinar and a personal critique of your material.Purchasing the On Demand version after the live event will not include a critique.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
This webinar is presented by Marisa A. Corvisiero, Esq. Marisa is the Founder, CEO and a Sr. Literary Agent at Corvisiero Literary Agency, a New York City boutique literary management services agency representing authors around the world. Marisa is also a Corporate and Trust and Estates attorney with experience in top global firms and fortune 500 companies. She participates in and has taught several workshops and boot camps on writing and publishing for Writer’s Digest, at Conferences around the country, and various other Online Resources.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers wanting to improve their skills
- Writers that want guidance in preparing the best submission package
- Writers wanting to know what agents and editors look for in a submission package
- Writers who wish to receive feedback on their query letter from an experienced literary agent
HOW DOES THE WEBINAR WORK?
The webinar is broadcasted via the internet with live audio delivered through your computer speakers or over your telephone. The live webinar’s visual presentation is displayed directly from the Presenter’s computer to your computer screen. The Q&A is managed through a chat-style submission system with questions being read and answered by the Presenter for the entire class to hear. In the event some questions are not answered during the live session, an e-mail with questions and answers will be sent to all webinar attendees. By attending the live webinar and/or asking questions, your full name may be stated during the live event and captured in the recording.