Whether it’s the bone chilling suspense or a psychological thriller, the twists and turns of a good cozy mystery novel, or the satisfaction of unraveling a page-turning who-done-it, mysteries and suspense novels have fascinated and entertained readers for centuries. Now it’s your turn to write and publish your very own mystery, thriller, or suspense.
In this live 90-minute webinar — titled “How to Write & Sell Your Mystery, Suspense, or Thriller Novel for Any Market” — instructor and literary agent Andrea Somberg will teach you the ins and outs of the current market for mystery, suspense, thriller and how to successfully conceptualize, construct, and sell your adult, YA or middle grade novel in that market. Find out what publishers are truly looking for, and learn how to craft your pitch and query letter so that your book stands out from the crowd. Find out how the industry has changed in recent years – and what this means for you, your book, and your career.Plus, as a bonus, Andrea will critique your query letter. It all happens at 1 p.m., EST, Thursday, April 16, 2015, and lasts 90 minutes.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to craft your concept, content, and pitch for maximum impact
- What agents and publishers are REALLY looking for
- Where your book fits into the marketplace
- How to keep up with the changing industry
- How to craft the perfect query letter
- Advice on securing an agent and publishing deal
ABOUT THE CRITIQUE
All registrants are invited to submit a query letter for critique. All submitted letters are guaranteed a written critique by literary agent Andrea Somberg. Andrea reserves the right to request more writing from attendees by e-mail following the event, if she deems the writing excellent.
Please Note: Even if you can’t attend the live webinar, registering for this live version will enable you to receive the On Demand webinar and a personal critique of your material. Purchasing the On Demand version after the live event will not include a critique.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Andrea Somberg has been a literary agent for over 15 years and represents a wide range of fiction and nonfiction, working with all of the major houses and imprints. Previously an agent at the Donald Maass Agency and Vigliano Associates, she joined Harvey Klinger Inc. in the Spring of 2005. You can learn more about her and her list at www.andreasomberg.com and www.harveyklinger.com.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers who want to break into the mystery, thriller, or suspense market
- Writers who are writing romantic suspense, horror, or mainstream fiction with suspense elements
- Writers who are writing a suspense novel for a middle grade or young adult audience
- Writers who are just beginning their manuscript but want to better understand the genre and the field
- Writers who have finished their manuscript and are trying to secure an agent or publisher
- Writers who are trying to get a better understanding of the quickly changing publishing industry
- Writers who want to keep up with the latest trends
HOW DOES THE WEBINAR WORK?
The webinar is broadcasted via the internet with live audio delivered through your computer speakers or over your telephone. The live webinar’s visual presentation is displayed directly from the Presenter’s computer to your computer screen. The Q&A is managed through a chat-style submission system with questions being read and answered by the Presenter for the entire class to hear. In the event some questions are not answered during the live session, an e-mail with questions and answers will be sent to all webinar attendees. By attending the live webinar and/or asking questions, your full name may be stated during the live event and captured in the recording.