Rejections are not fun, and can be very costly in time, money, and to a writer’s confidence. There are a multitude of mistakes that authors, especially newbies, make when they submit their work to Agents and Editors. These mistakes are often silly and easy to rectify. As an author competing in a very subjective industry, none can afford to break the rules and not follow instructions.
In this live 90-minute webinar — titled “How to Avoid Rookie Mistakes When Submitting to Agents” — literary agent Marisa A. Corvisiero, Esq., gives you specific advice on how to submit your work, explains common and not so common mistakes most writers make, and shares tips on how to avoid mistakes all together. Plus, as a bonus, Corvisiero will critique your query letter and sample material (1,000 words) about your novel! It all happens at 1 p.m., EST, Thursday, January 15, 2015, and lasts 90 minutes.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- The essentials on how to submit your work to an agent or editor
- About common and not so common mistakes authors make when preparing and sending their submission package
- How to avoid unnecessary mistakes that will lead to rejection
- How the process works, what agents and editors are looking for, and how to hook them without fumbling the opportunity to get their attention effectively
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Each registration comes with access to the archived version of the program and the materials for one year. You do not have to attend the live event to get a recording of the presentation. In all WD webinars, no question goes unanswered. Attendees have the ability to chat with the instructor during the live event and ask questions. You will receive a copy of the webinar presentation in an e-mail that goes out one week after the live event. The answers to questions not covered in the live presentation will be included in this e-mail as well.
ABOUT THE CRITIQUE
All registrants are invited to submit a query letter and sample material (1,000 words). All submitted queries and samples will receive a written critique by Marisa Corvisiero. Marisa reserves the right to request more writing from attendees by e-mail following the event, if she deems the writing excellent.
Please Note: Even if you can’t attend the live webinar, registering for this live version will enable you to receive the On Demand webinar and a personal critique of your material. Purchasing the On Demand version after the live event will not include a critique.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Marisa A. Corvisiero, Esq. is the Founder, CEO and a Sr. Literary Agent at Corvisiero Literary Agency, a New York City boutique literary management services agency representing authors around the world. Marisa is also a Corporate and Trust and Estates attorney with experience in top global firms and fortune 500 companies. She participates in and has taught several workshops and boot camps on writing and publishing for Writer’s Digest, at Conferences around the country, and various other Online Resources.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers who are getting ready to query agent
- Writers who are unsure if they’re ready to submit their novel to agents and editors
- Writers with finished novel manuscripts who are starting to consider submitting to agents and editors
- Writers who are currently submitting their work and not getting the responses they expected or hoped for
- Writers who don’t want to blow their sometimes only chance at publication
- Writers wanting improve their skills for this and all novels to come
- Writers wanting to know what the book industry looks like from an agent’s perspective
- Writers who wish to receive feedback on their query letter by a literary agent
- Writers who want a professional critique by a literary agent
HOW DOES THE CRITIQUE WORK?
All registrants are invited to submit a query letter and sample material (1,000 words). All submitted queries and samples will receive a written critique by Marisa Corvisiero. Marisa reserves the right to request more writing from attendees by e-mail following the event, if she deems the writing excellent. Instructions on how to submit your work are sent after you have purchased the webinar and officially register in Go-to-Webinar. When you have registered in GTW, you will receive a confirmation email from email@example.com, which contains the information you need to access the live webinar AND the Critique Submission Instructions.