You may enter as many manuscripts as you like. Early- bird submissions MUST be received by September 16, 2013
- Fiction Manuscript
- 4,000 words or less
- Acceptable file types: doc, docx, rtf, pdf
- 8.5×11 page size
- Double-spaced throughout
- 1-inch margins on top and bottom
- 1.25-inch margins on left and right sides
- Arial, Courier or Times font
- 12 point font size
Preparing Your Entry:
- If you are submitting your entry via regular mail (NOT using the online entry form), the entry must be accompanied by an Official Entry Form or facsimile, and the required entry fee (credit card information, check or money order made payable to F+W Media, Inc.). If you are entering more than one manuscript, you may mail all entries in the same envelope and write one check for the total entry fee; however, each manuscript must have its genre/category indicated in the upper left-hand corner.
- Your entry must be original, in English, unpublished and unproduced, not accepted by any other publisher or producer at the time of submission. Writer’s Digest retains one-time nonexclusive publication rights to the Grand Prize, First Prize and Honorable Mention winning entries in each category to be published in a Writer’s Digest outlet.
- If you are submitting your entry via regular mail (NOT using the online entry form), the entry must be typed on one side of 8-1/2 x 11 white paper (computer printout acceptable) or A4 paper. Manuscripts must be double-spaced. If you are entering via regular mail, your name, address, phone number and competition category must appear in the upper left-hand corner of the first page—otherwise your entry is disqualified. No refunds will be issued for disqualified entries. Online entries must be submitted in one of the following file types: doc, docx, rtf or pdf. We recommend that you avoid adding your own symbols/punctuation in file names of the documents you are uploading. Entries submitted online do not need name, address, phone number and competition category in the upper left-hand corner of the first page since that information is collected on the form.
- Be sure of your word count! Entries exceeding the word limit will be disqualified. Type the exact word count (counting every single word, except the title) at the top of the manuscript.
- Mailed entries must be stapled.