February 3, 2018 at 1:48 am #346770
DIVINE CONNECTIONS SPECIAL EVENTS ESSAY CONTEST: WHAT WOULD LIFE BE LIKE WITHOUT THE ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT
$8.00 Entry Fee. Deadline for entries is midnight on Friday, March 30, 2018. The topic for this Essay is “What Would Life Be Like Without the Arts & Entertainment”. Cash prizes (1st, $250; 2nd, $100; 3rd, $50) will be awarded for the best essays in 500 words or less. 1st Place Winner will also have their Essay published on our Website along with their photo and bio. Entries must be yours, original, and unpublished. Void where prohibited.
2 Ways to Enter
1. Go to [redacted] and click the Buy Now button. NOTE: After paying, you will be re-directed to the Submission Form.
2. Mail your Essay along with Entry Fee to:
Divine Connections Special Events
ATTN: Essay Contest
P.O. Box 870895
Stone Mountain, GA 30087
We are not responsible for lost or misdirected mail. Please do not send cash in the mail. We will accept a certified check or certified money order for Entry Fee payment. NO personal checks accepted. Please be sure to include Your Name, Your Mailing Address, Your Email Address, and Your Telephone Number when mailing your Submission.
GUIDELINES AND RULES:
• Submissions are now open until midnight on Friday, March 30, 2018.
• Contest open to all writers 18 years and older who are legal residents of the United States of America. Void where prohibited.
• $8 Entry Fee
• Prizes Awarded: 1st Place $250 and Essay published on our Website along with Winner’s photo and bio; 2nd Place $100 and name listed on our Website; 3rd Place $50 and name listed on our Website; Honorable Mentions, who will have their names listed on our Website.
• 100 word minimum. 500 word maximum.
• One Essay per submission. You may submit more than one entry, but each entry requires a separate Entry Fee payment.
• Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but please notify us if your Essay is accepted elsewhere by emailing us at [redacted]
• Emerging writers and underrepresented voices are encouraged to submit!
• Essays must be written in English.
• After paying Entry Fee online, you will be re-directed to the Submission Form to submit your Essay.
• The Judging Process: Essays will be read and broken down into two categories — Finalists versus Other. The Finalists will be read and ranked by all judges. Using the rankings, we pick the top contenders. These top contenders will then be re-read and ranked again by the judges and awarded either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place or an Honorable Mention.
• Entry Fee is non-refundable.
• Winners will be required to sign a release and affidavit of eligibility.
• Winners will be notified via email by April 30, 2018.
• Void where prohibited.
About Divine Connections Special Events
Our business is built around the Arts & Entertainment. We host unique special events that are fun, wholesome, and engaging, including theatrical productions. We’re thrilled to sponsor this contest, and we want you to know that every entry will be given the thoughtful and serious consideration it deserves!
February 4, 2018 at 10:00 pm #655483
The Divine Connections Essay Contest has a new 1st place prize of $500
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.