Writing 30 years…Never Published

Home Forums Writer’s Digest Forum Introductions Writing 30 years…Never Published

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  verlamendoza74 6 months ago.

• Author

SWritesRed
    Participant

Hello To All. Just wanted to say that I’m an aspiring writer. I’ve been at it a little over 30 years.I write Horror, Fantasy & Sci-fi (& theres 1 Comedy screenplay i’ve wanted to do based on an old PC game character). I’ve never sent anything in for publication though (lots of ideas, but I start and never finish anything.I just start on something else). Anyway, I’ve reconsidered lately after going through the Writer’s Digest site and hope to finish alot of what I have sitting in a box in my closet.I look forward to contributing many posts in the future.

AngelinaK52
    Participant

Welcome to the forums.

verlamendoza74
    Participant

Hello,
    If I were you, I’d choose my favorite story . . . be it a novel, novella or short story of around 1500 words more or less. I’d take that piece that I love and polish it and edit it until it is everything I could make it into. Then I’d send it around to contests (there are so many) and see what plays out. You just might be holding back from lack of good feedback but if you should win, you must remember those that honored you with that win chose your work over everything else. Even still, without an actual win, positive feedback form some one you’ve never met is a great moral boost. You have a lot of work after 30 years, why not give your creative a chance to be seen by the world?
    Best of Luck,
    Nick Sloan

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.