where is everybody?

Home Forums Writer’s Digest Forum Writers’ Block Party where is everybody?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Noizchild 4 days, 21 hours ago.

• Author

oldepro
    Blocked

a few years ago this place was very active
    now there are days with no posts at all

Noizchild
    Participant

I’m still here

rosebud
    Participant

I’m here trying to get used to this new format.

Noizchild
    Participant

I struggled to make a post here.

GamerNerdette
    Participant

I’ve been having issues logging in since the site work up. This is the first time I have been able to get into the forums. I’m not sure If I will be able to get in again either for a while if it continues. I was stuck in login loops…

Noizchild
    Participant

You had the same problems too?

editor17
    Blocked

My problem is finding content that I recall being here. But still looking at the date of last posts which run from days to years does indicate a lack of interest unless using the forum is really harder than I encountered.

shadowwalker
    Participant

The forum didn’t used to be hard to navigate at all – then things went wonky and TPTB decided it wasn’t worth bothering with for months. Then they decided to “fix” it and now we have a forum that, for all intents and purposes, is unusable.

rosebud
    Participant

I like the feature where you can get replies sent to your email. It helps me keep in touch with forums I like.

Noizchild
    Participant

I was without internet for two days because of Florence.

editor17
    Blocked

Testing post differences between reply and just post at end.
    Will this one need moderation like the reply to one did?

Edit: After submitting this one —

The answer is no. Not sure why a reply to message needs moderation but just adding a message does not.

editor17
    Blocked

@shadowwalker

I think they tried to do a quick and dirty cheap fix for the spam problem.

That said I do miss the search ability although I guess I could google with site:writersdigest.com/forums appended to find old posts.

Noizchild
    Participant

Maybe email the site if there is a glitch?

shadowwalker
    Participant

That’s part of the problem – there is no way that is readily available to let anyone know when there’s a problem. I can get hold of Rob via his forum, but there’s nothing here to report anything other than posting in the forum and hoping someone sees it at some point.

Noizchild
      Participant

@shadowwalker, I just emailed them and they fixed the problem. I can give you the address.

shadowwalker
      Participant

Having the address would be great – I’m sincerely amazed that any problem got fixed quickly. Most (like almost all) problems that have been reported on the forum itself get dismissed with a “we’ll be working on that later…” and then – crickets.

wdarcy
    Participant

Yeah, they’ve really done a great job of shutting this place down, while nominally keeping it open.

–Warren

rosebud
    Participant

“crickets” lol. Well said, shadowwalker.

Noizchild
    Participant

shadowwalker
    Participant

I’m a bit confused – the submissions area took care of a forum problem?

Noizchild
    Participant

That’s how I got in touch with my problems. I took a guess of who can help and I guessed right. Give it a shot. It might work for you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.