What is the most secure internet browser & best antimalware?

Home Forums Writer’s Digest Forum Take it Outside! What is the most secure internet browser & best antimalware?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  maxiuomc48 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

maxiuomc48
    Participant

Hi everybody. 🙂

I am looking for the most secure internet browser and best antimalware.

Every once in a while, my browser gets taken over and redirected to a scam virus warning website, especially when I visit this website for some reason.

Either my computer has a virus, or my browser isn’t secured against scripts that take it over and send me to websites I didn’t intend.

I have free antivirus but I don’t have antimalware.

I’m going to reset my computer soon erasing everything and then install an antimalware program.

I want to come back, but I might be gone for a while and take a break, don’t know how long.

Anonymous

My son recommended Malwarebytes, as the company he works for (international media firm) uses it. I use the free version, as he said for personal computers that works just fine.

Anonymous

Malwarebytes is very good. There’s another application that has good reputation as well: SuperAntiSpyware.

Like with antivirus, I advise NOT running both. From what I have seen, they’ll both do about as good as software can do.

khwybebm50
    Participant

Dreams of Tanelorn wrote:
    > Hi everybody. 🙂
    >
    > I am looking for the most secure internet browser and best antimalware.
    >
    > Every once in a while, my browser gets taken over and redirected to a scam
    > virus warning website, especially when I visit this website for some
    > reason.
    >
    > Either my computer has a virus, or my browser isn’t secured against scripts
    > that take it over and send me to websites I didn’t intend.
    >
    > I have free antivirus but I don’t have antimalware.
    >
    > I’m going to reset my computer soon erasing everything and then install an
    > antimalware program.
    >
    > I want to come back, but I might be gone for a while and take a break,
    > don’t know how long.

–I use startpage.com as my browser, and zemana’s anti-logger along with both Ccleaner & Avast for anti-spyware. I hope you find what works best for you & your computer.

margery65w
    Participant

Dreams of Tanelorn wrote:
    > Hi everybody. 🙂
    >
    > I am looking for the most secure internet browser and best antimalware.
    >
    > Every once in a while, my browser gets taken over and redirected to a scam
    > virus warning website, especially when I visit this website for some
    > reason.
    >
    > Either my computer has a virus, or my browser isn’t secured against scripts
    > that take it over and send me to websites I didn’t intend.
    >
    > I have free antivirus but I don’t have antimalware.
    >
    > I’m going to reset my computer soon erasing everything and then install an
    > antimalware program.
    >
    > I want to come back, but I might be gone for a while and take a break,
    > don’t know how long.

You need really good anti malware as most browsers are NOT secure by themselves.

The best I have found is malware bytes aka mbam.
    There are some other good ones and a lot of poor ones in addition to the many scams that are really bad.

You may also want selected batch programs to run in addition to using mbam as a real time protector.
    Check for rootkits and other scumware that gets buried deep and keeps coming back. Plus some targeted at ads and annoyances.

I would suggest a firewall too, but the only good one is possibly used by a foreign intelligence service which should not bother us unless you are involved with things they care about.

margery65w
    Participant

ostarella wrote:
    > My son recommended Malwarebytes, as the company he works for (international
    > media firm) uses it. I use the free version, as he said for personal
    > computers that works just fine.

MBAM is my first choice too. The premium version will protect against ransomware and is worth it if you care about your data and dont back it up to separate media regularly.

maxiuomc48
    Participant

Thanks for the replies everyone. 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.