What is it like to die?

Home Forums Critique Central Spiritual Writing What is it like to die?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  AngelinaK52 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I first learned about death through a Bible Study. After learning the truth about death and that death is the last enemy that will be conquered, I wanted to learn more. Here’s a few scriptures that may give you some Relief and Comfort.

“For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5)

My Catholic upbringing always taught me that hell was an eternal place of torment and non-escapable. This religious teaching never sat well with me. I could never figure out why the God of Love would do such a thing.

Then at my Bible Study, I came across this scripture, “hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.” (Rev 20:13) This blew my mind because it connected the dots for me. See, the priests would take money from the parishioners to pray for their dead loved ones, telling us this might get them out of hell. All the while, preaching that hell is ETERNAL. Did they know something I didn’t, I wondered? This was nothing but a ponzi scheme.

Other scriptures that gave me Relief and Comfort is the good news about the Resurrection. “And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.” (Acts 24:15) I was elated to learn this about my loved ones that have passed in death.

Then Jesus Christ told his followers, “Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice  and come out” (John 5:28) Just imagine seeing your dead loved ones once again among the living. This is called the Resurrection. SOMETHING that is not needed if the dead are somewhere else other than the Grave. Should you have a question, please ask and I will do my best to answer it.

Anonymous

Is there something you’re writing that pertains to this?

Anonymous

Yes. I will be adding onto the subject. Meanwhile I am giving other readers an opportunity to express what they think on the matter or share any experiences as I add to the subject, “What is it like to die?”

Anonymous

Will you be using their thoughts/ideas in your project? If so, you should get their permission first. 🙂

Anonymous

Yes, thank you for your vigilance.

Anonymous

Brother Rando wrote:
    > Yes. I will be adding onto the subject. Meanwhile I am giving other
    > readers an opportunity to express what they think on the matter or share
    > any experiences as I add to the subject, “What is it like to
    > die?”
    See the banner for this site? “Write better, get published.”

This is not a place intended for developing a work. Management will come along and confirm or refute, I’m sure. But I think you’re misusing the forum.

Anonymous

Okay, I see what you are saying. “Write better, get published.” Got it…. I will do just that… Thanks for the input. Actually I am looking to get some of my work published in the future.

AngelinaK52
    Participant

Rob is correct. There is a section under Take it Outside where you can post about religious views. This section is really for posting poems or parts of a book you may be working on to get input.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.