Untalented Writer greets you WD-Community

Home Forums Writer’s Digest Forum Introductions Untalented Writer greets you WD-Community

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Skwalstad
    Participant

Hello my new friends,

I lately came up with the idea to create my own audiobook series which I am publishing on my YouTube channel. I am really ecxited to meet other writers, read their stories and maybe even get them interested in a few of mine. I have to admit though, I had in the back of my mind the hopes that I would be able to receive some constructive criticism of some women and men of the craft. I would love, if I were to become a full member of this community.

If you would like to read one of my stories, or rather hear in my case, feel free to check out my YouTube channel and consider leaving me a comment if you enjoyed it or not.

[redacted]

( If me posting a link in this thread violated the rules of this forum in any way, I am dreadful sorry and beg your pardon. )

AngelinaK52
    Participant

Welcome to the forum.

I believe a moderator may have removed your link. We don’t allow links for everyone’s safety, plus people were getting out of hand with posting not just links, but book covers, promotions and other things that got annoying. You can put a link in your signature. You can also post under success stories if you have something recent you want to share like a new publications or an award.

Anonymous

@untalentedwriter:

I’m no moderator. Not here. But I participate at several forums, writing, Information Technology, and such. I moderate a couple of those.

As a user here, I take a very dim view of people who begin their interaction with a community by trying to hawk their literal or proverbial wares.

I don’t set rules, but I DO form a distinctly negative opinion of such behavior and of the practitioners of it. It leaves me feeling that such people are only here for what they can glean from us, rather than wanting to become members of the community. And I’m not alone in this opinion.

You never get a second chance to make a good first impression, right?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.