Taylor Swift in Concert

Home Forums Critique Central Nonfiction Taylor Swift in Concert

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 9 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Taylor Swift goes “RED” at Miami’s American Airlines Arena
    Jared Kenwood

On April 10th 2013, Miami’s American Airlines arena was mobbed with an audience of enduring Taylor Swift fans, who have eagerly been waiting to see their beloved entertainer return to the Miami venue. Taylor Swift’s “The Red Tour” was announced on October 26th by the songstress herself, and two weeks later, tickets for the first fourteen venues went on sale. In a matter of ten minutes all fourteen venues, including Miami’s were sold out.

Taylor Swift, who is no stranger to sold-out crowds, was pleased to be performing once again in Miami, a city she is quite fond of. “Good evening, Miami,” She says energetically, addressing her fans, “Oh, I love playing in Miami! You know when you come to play in Miami you know you’re going to have a lot of people in the crowd from the great city of Florida. You also know when you come to Miami that you are going to have a lot of people who made the great, long journey to get to the show tonight. Also, you know when you play in Miami the crowd is going to be crazy about you!” The audience then filled the arena with screams and applause. “See what I mean,” Taylor adds, laughing.

Swift’s last Miami concert was back in November 2011, when she was touring her “Speak Now” show. Of course, back then Taylor was singing nothing but the typical teenage girl, dreamy, heartbroken love songs. These days she is changing her tune completely, as she begins to mature into a young woman, who has learned to heal from the emotional hardships of her previous relationships. The songs from her current and fourth studio album, “RED” are break up songs. After being able to come to terms with her miserable break ups, through her music she wants to inspire others who are in the same boat, to rid themselves from their exes.

“All the different emotions that are written about on this album are all pretty much about the kind of tumultuous, crazy, insane, intense, semi-toxic relationships that I’ve experienced in the last two years,” Swift shares with the audience, “All those emotions, spanning from intense love, intense frustration, jealousy, confusion, all of that in my mind, all those emotions are red. You know, there’s nothing in between. There’s nothing beige about any of those feelings.”

Instead of performing songs such as “Teardrops on my Guitar” or “Fifteen” the singer of red emotions entertained the Miami audience with her new hits, including “I Knew You Were Trouble” and “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.” Swift did sing a few of her older numbers that no Taylor Swift concert would be complete without. These were brand new arrangements of “You Belong with Me” and “Love Story” to match her shows new theme.

This new concert is filled with dancers and singers, hi-tech special effects, glamorous costume changes, elaborate scenery with transforming sets. Taylor Swift always tries to outdo her past concerts by keeping her act fresh and original; always wanting to please her legion of devoted fans.

At present time, there are no plans to release “The Red Tour” on CD or DVD. However, there are rumors that the tour will be extended with a return engagement to South Florida. It is highly suggested that if you are a fan of Taylor Swift or just looking to have an enjoyable evening then you should definitely attend one of her concerts. The “Red” album is available in CD stores from Big Machine Records.

Anonymous

This would be a lot easier to read if there were some spaces to break it up into smaller chunks of text.

EDIT:
    Thanks for going back and breaking it up.

Anonymous

Yeah, the sentences should be broken up and there are too many adjectives “tumultuous, crazy, insane, etc etc” in that particular sentence. Omit needless words.

Anonymous

Not sure what comments you want if any. It reads like a newspaper article covering the event for the Miami Herald. So in that context it works well.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.