Suggestions for a writing laptop

Home Forums Writer’s Digest Forum Tips and Advice Suggestions for a writing laptop

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Chamss 2 days, 2 hours ago.

• Author

tombrown
    Participant

Can anyone suggest me some good options of laptop for writing work? My budget is $500 only.

rosebud
    Participant

That’s going to be tough. Just the software to get started will cost around $500. You might try buying a used computer with the software already on it.

I bought my MacBook Air at Best Buy for $800 but had to by the software. My son paid a lot less for his computer, also at Best Buy. So, you might start there.

Happy hunting!

computeruser
      Blocked

That’s going to be tough. Just the software to get started will cost around $500. You might try buying a used computer with the software already on it.

I bought my MacBook Air at Best Buy for $800 but had to by the software. My son paid a lot less for his computer, also at Best Buy. So, you might start there.

——————

There is a lot of free software available.
      You do not need a top of the line pc for writing.

Rob Vargas

Google Chromebooks aren’t ideal, but decent, and run US$300 or even less. They don’t *require* Internet access at all times, but that severely limits their functionality. The ChromeOS on them is from Google, so they are designed to be used with Internet access.

shadowwalker
    Participant

Personally, I would go to eBay and look for refurbished/lease returns with whatever OS you prefer, and also keyboard/screen size you prefer. I just purchased my first laptop for less than $150.

Just my personal opinion, of course, but don’t get too involved in the equipment for writing. You don’t need state of the art – you don’t even need “really good”. In the end, it just needs to let you type and save the stories, and have internet access for research.

computeruser
    Blocked

I got a dell win10 laptop for about $150 on their frequent sales.
    Libre office and ywriter6 or other programs are free to do word processing.

yellowducky
    Participant

Any laptop that has Notepad/Microsoft word. Just think and type its that simple 😀 your welcome

Chamss
    Participant

Since it is just for writing – not programming 🙂 you don’t need an high end laptop.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.