Scanmarker Air

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  sherryherrod263 5 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

cypher
    Participant

Scanmarker Air – The Digital Highlighter that instantly transfers printed text into your Mac, PC or Smartphone

This digital highlighter might be a boon for students but methinks it is a gift to plagiarists.

Anonymous

I don’t know. It seems no different (from a plagiarism perspective) than a “flatbed” scanner. Even a sheet-fed scanner would be faster than this.

This looks to me like a “solution” in need of a problem.

Anonymous

Nah, there will be a way to defeat it.

sherryherrod263
    Participant

Oldtimer wrote:
    > Scanmarker Air – The Digital Highlighter that instantly transfers printed
    > text into your Mac, PC or Smartphone
    >
    > This digital highlighter might be a boon for students but methinks it is a
    > gift to plagiarists.

Probably both. A sharp sword will cut an innocent hand just as fast as a guilty one. 🙂

I perform 95% – 99% of my research and studying online, now, and when I need a quote I highlight it, copy it, and then paste into OneNote which automatically inserts a link to the source. Pretty cool beans for an old geezer who went to school when the smallest computers were city block building-size and he didn’t know what a computer was. 😆 So, I don’t see the point of a scanner or any ilk, anymore.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.