posting under nonfiction

Home Forums Writer’s Digest Forum Introductions posting under nonfiction

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Hi, I’m Rhonda and I’m a 55 year old transexual woman. My story is an interesting one “I think” as I didn’t start out discontent with my birth gender. This came upon me by degrees, aided and encouraged by my mother. Not that I objected. I loved being pretty. Anyway this is my story and I’d love to pose it under nonfiction. Probably best for the over 18 crowd.

AngelinaK52
    Participant

Welcome to the forums. You can now post everywhere.

Anonymous

well thank you TA. I shall try to figure that out- under nonfiction.

Anonymous

I tried to post under nonfiction in the forum, but there seems to be some limitation on number of words. Where cab I post some 7000 words?

jIPPity
    Participant

Sorry, Rhonda, but no one has the time to read and critique 7000 words. The critique guidelines say to keep your submission to 2500 words or less. I would suggest less. Try something between 500 and 1000 words to start. It’s better to receive input on a short sample than to receive no input on an overlong sample.

–Warren

Anonymous
    Rhonda333 wrote:
    I tried to post under nonfiction in the forum, but there seems to be some limitation on number of words. Where cab I post some 7000 words?

There are other sites that may let you post more. The real question is anybody going to read it.

1000 words should be a good sample if you want comments on your writing style and ability.
    1000 words would be enough for a summary if you want comments on the big picture.

Anonymous

well I did delete this nonfiction post and I reposted it under “my story”. That seems more appropriate. As for anyone reading a 7000 word post- there are books that people read that are much longer. I do however hope that someone reads it and comments.

Anonymous
    Rhonda333 wrote:
    well I did delete this nonfiction post and I reposted it under “my story”. That seems more appropriate. As for anyone reading a 7000 word post- there are books that people read that are much longer. I do however hope that someone reads it and comments.

As you said, however, you’re asking for more than just reading.

If you want responses, you’ll stick to the guidelines.

Anonymous
    Rhonda333 wrote:

Your odds of getting someone to read it and comment get better when it is shorter and formatted for easier reading on screen.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.