New Online Video Interview Show Seeking Writers Interested I

Home Forums Writer’s Digest Forum Writers’ Block Party New Online Video Interview Show Seeking Writers Interested I

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

calliebiddlecomb
    Participant

Hi, everyone!

I’m Joia. I’m starting up a new online video interview show called {REDACTED} filmed here in NYC in which I bring on thought-leaders from a variety of fields for honest, in-depth conversations that explore not only the content of the guests’ ideas and the projects they’re promoting, but also the how’s and why’s behind their approaches.

I’m currently looking to build partnerships with authors and creators who would benefit from having a high-quality, professional, long-form video in which they’re interviewed about their work.

I’ve started a crowdfunding campaign on {REDACTED} here:

{REDACTED} – No promotion websites allowed — Terry (Also, what does this have to do with Writer Better, Get Published?)

Essentially, for a contribution on {REDACTED} of $1500.00 (MUCH cheaper than it would cost to put together and produce such a high-end video product on one’s own), the guest will get:

— a professional quality interview video about 50 minutes long that can be used for free online promotions, including on websites, social media etc.

— plus 5-10 minutes of extra “Exclusive Bonus Footage” reserved to be shared with paying clients and supporters

— plus I’ll be launching a dedicated YouTube account for {REDACTED}, so each video will potentially reach a growing audience as the accumulating guests bring their own networks.

The {REDACTED} campaign is running through the end of February, and I’m planning to film the interviews here in NYC in March.

I would really appreciate any recommendations of people who might be interested in partnering as a guest (maybe even you?) And, of course, if you can help me spread word of the campaign to anyone who might be interested in supporting it, that would be great too!

Much thanks!!

–Joia

Anonymous

Your third post and you’re asking for money.

Reported.

Anonymous

@joia@thinkingexchange.org:
    > Looking forward to participating here
    That was your first post.

Is this what you call participation?

Because I don’t.

calliebiddlecomb
    Participant

Hey! Thanks for reading my post and asking questions! I’m currently seeking collaborators for this newest project I’m trying to launch. I’m putting in lots of my own time, money, and effort, and I’m hoping to partner with other writers for whom it would be in their interest to put in some of theirs. I know I’ve found it a challenge to figure out creative, content-rich ways to get word of my work out there, and I imagine I’m not the only one…. Maybe this isn’t the right forum to find such collaborators? Would appreciate suggestions on how to find people interested in such a collaboration. Thanks!

Anonymous

I might give it a try.

Anonymous

joia@thinkingexchange.org wrote:
    > Hey! Thanks for reading my post and asking questions! I’m currently
    > seeking collaborators for this newest project I’m trying to launch. I’m
    > putting in lots of my own time, money, and effort, and I’m hoping to
    > partner with other writers for whom it would be in their interest to put in
    > some of theirs. I know I’ve found it a challenge to figure out creative,
    > content-rich ways to get word of my work out there, and I imagine I’m not
    > the only one…. Maybe this isn’t the right forum to find such
    > collaborators? Would appreciate suggestions on how to find people
    > interested in such a collaboration. Thanks!

Well, this forum is for writers, and we generally talk about writing. If you’re looking for collaboration in a writing project, that’s different. But other than asking writers to pay money for an interview, I’m not sure what this has to do with writing. Are you a writer?

Anonymous

joia@thinkingexchange.org wrote:
    > Hey! Thanks for reading my post and asking questions! I’m currently
    > seeking collaborators for this newest project I’m trying to launch. I’m
    > putting in lots of my own time, money, and effort, and I’m hoping to
    > partner with other writers for whom it would be in their interest to put in
    > some of theirs. I know I’ve found it a challenge to figure out creative,
    > content-rich ways to get word of my work out there, and I imagine I’m not
    > the only one…. Maybe this isn’t the right forum to find such
    > collaborators? Would appreciate suggestions on how to find people
    > interested in such a collaboration. Thanks!
    My first suggestion would be reading the rules. Followed immediately by respecting venues.

I’m going to be blunt, and I hope you understand that I’m not judging you as a person.

I don’t believe that you’ve found this to be a challenge. I think you read some things that didn’t say what you wanted to be told, kept looking until you found what you wanted to hear. And you went with that.

It’s a lot like SEO, Search Engine Optimization. Way too many scammers… sorry, “SEO Experts,” try to convince us to target our sites at high-volume search terms, to get our sites higher in the rankings. If you put certain words in your Web site’s pages, and in the site metadata, you’ll rank higher.

But that exciting information is only a half-truth. See, search engines like Bing and Google are constantly updating their algorithms to catch SEO being used. Why do they care? Because the reliability of search results is their business. Not your ranking results. When a user searches for “leather couch,” Google knows that very few users are interested in bovine furniture, or a paleo diet that tells the reader 100 times to get off that comfy leather couch. When SEO is used, it’s too often a form of lying to end users. In the end, that’s a downward spiral.

It’s kind of the same principle here. You think you have this… thing, this product, and it’s going to do all kinds of neat stuff and change things and all that. But what you’re doing to try to make it happen is using the tactics of the scammer, the spammer, the fraud, all those people who don’t have the least concern for the end user except as a source of income.

If you’re at all interested in ethical behavior, ask yourself a hard question: What do you think users who come to this forum want by coming here?

Can you answer that question truthfully? Do you think an indiegogo “investment opportunity” is what they wanted? What I wanted?

I can answer that last question for you. No. And not only am I not interested, I’ve developed a bad taste in my mouth for that product. I won’t be the least bit interested in watching these interviews, nor in participating in them.

None of that means that you’re a bad person. I don’t know you. And, frankly, it wouldn’t change my mind about the product even if I got to know you. For me, you’ve created an association between “thinkingexchange” and “spam.”

I’m an unpublished writer. One guy like me isn’t going to save OR destroy your site. But one guy like me has been assured to never use your service because of how it was revealed to me.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.