Need guidance

Home Forums Writer’s Digest Forum Introductions Need guidance

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  davetroiano241 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

davetroiano241
    Participant

Hello Everyone!

My name is Marjorie, a first time author of the self published book, “The Essence Of…” my book is currently available via Amazon.com and also I have been utilizing Instagram to promote my work. I am new to this and did not have any marketing plan for my book. I just knew I wanted to have my work out and voice my personal life story to help others. I have reached out to several literary agents and have been declined. Is this because I have already published my book? How could one find representation? Any advise would be great. Thank you all for your time 😀

AngelinaK52
    Participant

Welcome to the forums.

Since you have already self-published the book it makes finding an agent nearly impossible. It’s all about sales now that it’s out there. If you happen to sell 5,000 or 10,000 plus copies in a short time frame, then your chances are slightly better.

davetroiano241
    Participant

Oh wow, that is a challenge but I will continue with my search for an agent. I figured that was the case so. I thank you so much for your time and response.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.