I finished my first Novel!!!

Home Forums Writer’s Digest Forum Writers’ Block Party I finished my first Novel!!!

This topic contains 19 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  akv5106 10 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

akv5106
    Participant

akv5106
    Participant

Just thought i would let every one know. In case you do not know I am in high school as a junior and my novel which is over high epic fantasy along the lines of Lord of the Rings. I have been typing it and it is 325 pages long. Right now I am extremly happy and i thought i would let everyone know!!!!

My plans for it now is to edit and then publish the novel.

Laurie Zupan
    Participant

Congratulations. May it be the first of many creative productions. That’s an awesome accomplishment that few your age achieve, and you should definitely be proud of yourself.

paulc
    Participant

That’s great! Congratulations!

Jai

akv5106
    Participant

Thank you all 🙂

Bruce
    Participant

Congratulations Alexander:) Happy editing:)
    Elizabeth

Langdon
    Participant

Congrats, Penciled One, on a stupendabulous, excellendiferous feat. When I was your age, I couldn’t even finish my homework. Here you’ve arranged 325 pages worth of words in narrative order. Keep it up–the first step toward being a writer is, believe it or not, liking writing. Um. Which is sometimes tougher than it sounds.

lanabanana
    Participant

Ok that is awesome! I’ve only completed about a 1/3 of mine! Along the lines of ‘Lord of the Rings’? That must be good. Tell us when it gets published, I want to buy it. Hehe, then I’ll get to say “I know this person!!!”

Sarah Jane :emoticon:

GafRoolfpep
    Participant

Whooo Wheee, you are way ahead of the game! Mucho congrats! May you write many, many more in the years ahead.

Cheers,
    Drain

creator
    Participant

YAY FOR YOUNG WRITERS! I’ll be a junior next year. Hopefully I’ll have something finished by then too! Congratulations on such an accomplishment, and may you succeed on your journey to Publishedom!! WHOO!! 🙂

Edited to add: By the way, got any cake? 🙂 🙂

mlghaley
    Participant

Way to go!  Just keep that positive attitude, and you shall go far!

superman13
    Participant

Congratulations! Man, when I was in high school I couldn’t even decide whether I wanted fish or pizza from the school cafeteria on Fridays. Young people these days are setting the bar really high. Congrats again.

Janette
    Participant

I’m glad you’re reading.

ladiflower_77
    Participant

Congratulations, that is an awesome accomplishment.  I hope you always persue your passion for writing.

Melissa

akv5106
    Participant

Thank u all the support and encoragement means alot 😀

born2scribble
    Participant

Awesome! I know how you feel- I’m a high school senior- and I’m working on my fourth novel. Isn’t it a great feeling?

FinishLine
    Participant

Grats. And good luck getting it published!

Dizi-Di
    Participant

That is an incredible feat at your age. It will serve well for your future for sure. Gratz.

Kierie
    Participant

Now, I say this to all those that have achieved what you’ve done, so take it as you will.

*inhales*

Good, now throw it in the desk draw, and write the next one! Forget about it, and write the next one.

*exhales*

akv5106
    Participant

Thank you all for the pats on teh back and the advice 😀

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.