How am I now just joining a forum….*sips wine*

Home Forums Writer’s Digest Forum Introductions How am I now just joining a forum….*sips wine*

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AngelinaK52 6 months ago.

• Author

floovaLof
    Participant

Hi!

Hiiiiiiii!!!! Such a short word, but with so much power…or lack thereof. I’m new to this. I really have no idea if I’m posting in the correct area on this website, but a friend recommended that if were into “writing” then come here. I read this little note about not being able to be accepted until….well, I guess to prove I’m not a bot or some scammer trying to umm, “scam” stuff. Just took my coat off and am cracking open my first beer.

Anyways, before we get all into this post – let me make a probably not significant introduction: My name is Marci. I’m a 30-year-old waitress at a Seafood restaurant in SE Georgia who loves to listen to audio-books, coo at her cats, dream of outrageous situations and oh yeah – born with this uncontrollable desire to just write. I want to say my inspiration of writing started when I was doing medical transcription at home to be with my newborn child (who is now 10) and after several panic attacks on not being “perfect”, a loveless marriage and several….severalllll bad choices in life am now a waitress in a small town who dreams of becoming the next Charlaine Harris. It’s all so intimidating though. i have no idea if any of this is making sense. I’m just writing what pours into my head. I have no great accomplishments. I work six days a week. I’m a social butterfly by day and a hermit writer at night.

I guess it all comes down to my love for “words.” They have so much power. I’m a small person and have never thought of myself of a badass or really that intimidating, but I feel this infinite amount of power when I’m in front of my laptop. I feel my emotions shaping and shooting out of my fingertips onto a plastic surface and sometimes, sometimes if I’m lucky – I’m actually proud of the stuff I write. That in itself is the best feeling in the world. That is writing.

Sooooo….hello everyone! I’m Marci, I want to be a writer and if I never make a penny off of it….I’m still okay with that.

AngelinaK52
    Participant

Welcome to the forums.

Charlaine is a sweetheart of a woman. She comes to ThrillerFest Conference most years and is a pleasure to talk to.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.