Hiya

This topic contains 31 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Navybluesky7 8 years ago.

• Author

tdh
    Participant

tdh
    Participant

Hiya.

Although I have been to the WD site several times before, I have only just now registered on these forums.

Nice to meet you all.

Maybe I can finally force myself to get serious – of course after 30 plus years of off and on tinkering, it will be tough.

Steve

Hi Steve and welcome,

So, what kind of writing are you ‘going to get serious about’?

Nice to have you here…

Karen 🙂

myappendixhurts
    Participant

Steve,

Once you get started again, don’t stop.  It’s very easy to put it off to the side, save it for the weekend, get to it later…write a little something every day if you can.  Posting in the forums count, IMO

–John

tdh
    Participant

Thanks for the welcome –

Karen~
    As to what kind of writing, that generally is dependant upon whatever random muttering pierces, then reverberates within, the vacant space between my ears. However more to the point it is often something short that I come up with and write very quickly, like short fiction, article type pieces, and even some poetry.

John~
    Intellectually I know I should write every day, and, indeed, due to the nature of my work I actually do write everyday – just not things I care all that much about, but the things I want to write I rarely seem to allow myself the luxury of finding time to write.

😉

jfkadlec
    Participant

Hi i’m Bomber D Rufi and i specify myself of the fiction writing perusasion. I’m at heart a humorist, so a lot of my stories will (try) to be funny even during serious moments. I’m also a huge fantasy buff, so i tend to write in the fantastic often and i couple stories with poems that i write as well. This is my first time really allowing my writing to leak outside of friends and family so i’m a bit nervious but still very excited to allow others all over to view my work.

I’m currently in college studying towards a BA in English, specializing in creative writing and i hope to be able to find a job where my talents will be realized to their fullest. This also is why i joined here, in the hopes of being noticed…and to make a few editing buddies.

I hope to become acquanted with everyone here!

superman13
    Participant

Welcome aboard. I look forward to reading your posts.

GafRoolfpep
    Participant

Hey, good to have you here!

It’s always good to add another humorist to the group…right, Jeff? Don’t be shy about sharing your work. Everyone will handle it with kid gloves. Looking forward to your posts.

Dorraine Darden~ Jack Rabbit Moon
    http://www.dorrainedarden.com

jfkadlec
    Participant

Thanks for the warm welcome. Oh another humorist? Thats awesome! I posted my work in the “Literary Fiction” thread, so i welcome everyone to take a look and tell me what they think! The more the merrier, because i really want to become a good writer now that my days of college are coming to a close. Thank you again!

Faerie_spark
    Participant

Hiya to you too,

Did you say you were looking for eating buddies?  Oh I am so sorry I should have had my readers on.  Of course editing.  Now I will need an editing buddy too.

Wow, I have a brother? I mean you could be my twin, I like some of the same things you do.  How crazy is that?  Ok, jokes aside, welcome to the infamous forums of the one and only WRITER’S DIGEST.

Looking forward to your lines of poetry and wit.

We at the forums (3 so far) are opting for a humor section, cross your fingers, with you that makes 4.

Where eagles fly and the rest of us must walk or find other suitable transportation,

Don (Greywolf)

Faerie_spark
    Participant

Dor,

Did I hear you correctly to say humor?  Do we have your vote for a humor forum?  I think we only need 650 really funny people to get it approved.  I am so excited, why with your vote that brings it all the way up to 5.  Please keep those cards and letters coming.

Where eagles fly,

Don (Greywolf) Leader of the pack 

jfkadlec
    Participant

dgford – 2007-10-25 12:54 PM

Hiya to you too,

Did you say you were looking for eating buddies?  Oh I am so sorry I should have had my readers on.  Of course editing.  Now I will need an editing buddy too.

Wow, I have a brother? I mean you could be my twin, I like some of the same things you do.  How crazy is that?  Ok, jokes aside, welcome to the infamous forums of the one and only WRITER’S DIGEST.

Looking forward to your lines of poetry and wit.

We at the forums (3 so far) are opting for a humor section, cross your fingers, with you that makes 4.

Where eagles fly and the rest of us must walk or find other suitable transportation,

Don (Greywolf)

Nice to meet you too! Its always easy to have someone edit for you when they’re interested in the same things as yourself. So i hope we’ll be able to be good buddies. I have submitted some poetry in the poetry fourm so please have a look! I am very much happy to vote for a Humor section because i love laughter, whether i incite it or am a part of it. So i’m totally in for it!

Faerie_spark
    Participant

Bomb,

Our humor vote is up to about 6 and climbing.  Thanks for your input.  I will swing around and check out your pieces and get back to you.

The eagle keeper,

Don

kerrywood
    Blocked

Bomb, Some days you’ll find the whole forum is one big humor fest. Welcome to the asylum.

jfkadlec
    Participant

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone 🙂 I really appreciate it.

diva_nik
    Participant

dgford – 2007-10-25 11:52 PM

Bomb,

Our humor vote is up to about 6 and climbing. Thanks for your input. I will swing around and check out your pieces and get back to you.

The eagle keeper,

Don

Actually, my vote counts for about 10,000 for a humor forum….If you haven’t seen it, take a gander at my little ditty in the Sci-fi/Fantasy forum called Kegwai and Nocdar and Alhazred.  You’ll understand Pat’s comment about the asylum….

Bomber–Welcome aboard!

jfkadlec
    Participant

kegwai – 2007-10-29 10:22 AM

dgford – 2007-10-25 11:52 PM

Bomb,

Our humor vote is up to about 6 and climbing. Thanks for your input. I will swing around and check out your pieces and get back to you.

The eagle keeper,

Don

Actually, my vote counts for about 10,000 for a humor forum….If you haven’t seen it, take a gander at my little ditty in the Sci-fi/Fantasy forum called Kegwai and Nocdar and Alhazred.  You’ll understand Pat’s comment about the asylum….

Bomber–Welcome aboard!

I sure will check out your story! I hope you can check out mine too in the “Literary Fiction” section. Its entitled “Chronicle of Ghost Watcher Vivid”. The more people who read it and rip it to shreds, the better i’ll get at building it up. So think of it as education. 🙂 And thanks for the welcome!

Faerie_spark
    Participant

Michael,

Thanks for your vote.  I think we are now up to 7 officially and climbing fast(Well, maybe not at breakneck speed, but we are on the move.

Where eagles fly,

Don

Faerie_spark
    Participant

Bomb,

It is dangerously close to Halloween, and folks are looking for new items for their menu, just before the feeding frenzy.  Some of them may come across as pleasant and nice until they stick the fork in you to see if you are done yet.  Beware, though some are harmless, the full moon tends to bring out the savage beast in many a writer, especially among the horror genre folks.  (LOL) (Humor vote up to 7)

Did you bring lots of garlic, and some holy water.

Where Bats and wolves abound,

Don(Greywolf)

JJ_79
    Participant

Welcome! It’s always great to meet those interested in the fine art of humor.

Faerie_spark
    Participant

Hi,

Can I assume that you would vote for a humor column.  If so, that makes it 8 and rising.

Where eagles fly,

Don

jfkadlec
    Participant

dgford – 2007-10-29 4:30 PM

Bomb,

It is dangerously close to Halloween, and folks are looking for new items for their menu, just before the feeding frenzy.  Some of them may come across as pleasant and nice until they stick the fork in you to see if you are done yet.  Beware, though some are harmless, the full moon tends to bring out the savage beast in many a writer, especially among the horror genre folks.  (LOL) (Humor vote up to 7)

Did you bring lots of garlic, and some holy water.

Where Bats and wolves abound,

Don(Greywolf)

Readies said items. 🙂 Well at least i’m glad everyone is so kind here. I hope that you guys can read my new story in literary fiction! I need lots of comments, and if you know of any job reccomendations! I’m getting near graduation time and i’m still without a job…:( so help a writer out! lol.

creator
    Participant

dgford – 2007-10-29 7:57 PM

Hi,

Can I assume that you would vote for a humor column.  If so, that makes it 8 and rising.

Where eagles fly,

Don

Count my vote, Don.

What’s up, Bomber? Nice to see a humorist and fantastic fiction writer on the forums! You’ll have fun here.

~ T. Reshad

Faerie_spark
    Participant

Hey Bonber – look,

Tails has joined our growing ranks of humor fans.  We are at 9 and before long we will be in the tweens.

Keeper of eagles,

Don

Faerie_spark
    Participant

Thanks Brit,

Were are up to the tweens now – 10.  Do I here 11.  Who will give me 12.  Maybe we should hold an auction to get our humor forum up and going, if the vote count doesn’t work.

Eagle guy,

Don

jfkadlec
    Participant

Go Humor thread! I can’t wait till i can test my humor in a thread with other humorists! I hate to blow my own horn (Eh…lets be honest, people who say that totally do love blowing their own horns.) But i’ve added a new story in Literary Fiction, entitled “Carbonated Smoke” and i’d love it if you all would go and critque it for me! I really want it to be the best it can be so i need your help! Thanks!

b.d.wyre
    Participant

Hi everyone! Just joined today. I’m a thirty something who’s lived in the North, the South and across the Atlantic. I began writing a novel this past April. It’s been an amazing experience so far, full of pain and joy!

I’m off to explore the forums now! :emoticon:

~Amanda

dramyk
    Participant

Glad you are here! Check out the forums….Mystery and Poetry forums are great.
    :emoticon:

charliebrown20
    Participant

Welcome!

b.d.wyre
    Participant

Thanks for the welcome! 🙂

mwpoet
    Participant

Hey, I’m the new cat ’round these parts looking to make friends and learn what I can. If anyone ever just wants to talk or knock ideas around I’ll be around.

Navybluesky7
    Participant

I’m fairly new, and hope to message more often. Just spent three days with my old college roommate (a computer whiz), who is sending me home with more computer knowledge than I could have possibly gotten from a class. And, I need to connect with other writers. I feel like a hermit, sitting in my little office, banging away at the keyboard, writing on yellow tablets, or outlining a new book. It’s great to have you online and welcome. :emoticon:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.